Now expanded to 10 parts, the 2nd Edition Seismic Design Manualincludes sections on general seismic design considerations, analysis considerations, and systems not specifically detailed for seismic resistance. Different seismic force resisting systems are covered in the balance of the sections, along with diaphragms, chord and collectors as well as an introduction to engineered damping systems.
The Seismic Design Manual includes hundreds of pages of comprehensive design examples, including connections, updated for the 2010 AISC Seismic Provisions. Examples are shown with LRFD and ASD design methodologies side-by-side.
The 2nd Edition AISC Seismic Design Manual is now available. This new edition includes:
- 100's of pages of comprehensive design examples, including connections, updated for the 2010 AISC Seismic Provisions
- Side-by-side LRFD and ASD design methodologies for design examples
- New chapter on analysis
- More thorough examples on connection design, including panel zone detailing and brace-to-beam/column connection design options
- Extended discussion and more economical design methodology for collector elements
- New examples for buckling-restrained braced frames
- New chapters on composite moment frames and composite braced frames
Also, included are two AISC seismic-related standards: the 2010 AISC Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings(ANSI/AISC 341-10) and the 2010 AISC Prequalified Connections for Special and Intermediate Steel Moment Frames for Seismic Applications (with Supplement No. 1) (ANSI/AISC 358-10 and ANSI/AISC 358s1-11).