Standard Guidelines for the Design and Installation of Pile Foundations provides a guideline for an engineering approach to the design and subsequent installation of pile foundations. The purpose is to furnish a rational basis for this process, taking into account published model building codes and general standards of practice. Topics include:
- administrative requirements;
- pile shaft strength requirements:
- soil–pile interface strength requirements and capacity;
- design loads;
- design stresses;
- construction and layout guidelines for pile design; and
- installation guidelines for pile construction.
This Standard includes information on applicable standards from ASTM, AWPA, and ACI, as well as an appendix on partial factors of safety.