Fastrak is steel building design software.
- Design any simple or complex steel building with speed and ease.
- Work with real physical objects such as beams, columns and slabs.
- Choose from British Standards (BS), Eurocodes (EC) or US codes.
- Save time with features such as automated wind loading, composite design and web openings.
- Quickly assess design alternatives to establish the most cost-effective solution.
- Produce clear and concise documentation including drawings and calculations.
- Handle project changes easily and efficiently.
- Synchronise with leading BIM platforms such as Autodesk Revit.
- Seamlessly integrate with Fastrak Connection Design and Fastrak Portal Frame modules.
Reasons to choose CSC
- Fastrak Building Designer was voted the “Structural Analysis and Design Product of the Year 2010″ at the Construction Computing Awards
- Fastrak is used by every major ‘design & build’ fabricator in the UK
- CSC’s Chief Engineer sits on committees associated with the drafting of the Eurocodes
- CSC is involved in the scoping of the Eurocode Green Book, in collaboration with the SCI
- We partner with leading BIM providers such as Autodesk® and Tekla
- Model complex steel buildings, including challenging roofs, all within a single model
- Work in 2D or 3D views to create any building structure quickly
- Define the structure by using grid lines and levels
- Import DXF drawings to provide architects’ set out and to create grid lines
- Work with real physical objects such as beams and slabs, instead of analytical ‘wires’
- Provide stability with bracing, moment frames or walls
- Choose from various automated diaphragm options to distribute horizontal forces
- Automate composite beam design with metal decking or precast planking data
- Model curved members easily
- Model other materials such as concrete, timber and cold rolled
- Import 3D models from BIM platforms such as Autodesk® Revit® and Tekla Structures
- Apply self weight and dead load cases automatically
- Calculate wind loads and zoning for the entire building to BS6399-2 and EC1
- Apply loads as floor loads, area loads, line loads, patch loads and point loads
- Generate variable area loads for roof snow drifting
- Apply building perimeter loads for cladding and walls
- Automate notional horizontal loading for sway stability to BS and EC
- Automate imposed load reductions
- Automate decomposition of applied loads to structural members
- Add extra loading and load cases as required
- Generate code-based loading combinations automatically
Analysis and design features
- Design and optimise the complete steel building to BS, EC and US codes
- Define your parameters to generate the most suitable section automatically
- Visually interrogate model to establish pass/fail status and utlisation
- Quickly assess design alternatives to establish the most cost-effective solution
- Choose from numerous beam options including rolled, plated, Westok, Fabsec and Slimflor
- Automate composite beam design with supplied metal decking and precast planking data
- Design web openings to SCI P068 and SCI P355 with or without stiffeners
- Automate notional horizontal load and sway assessment
- Design for P-Delta effects using either kamp or true second order analysis
- Assess floor vibration response factors to SCI P354
- Check for disproportionate collapse and tying forces
- Handle project changes easily and efficiently
- Integrate with Fastrak Portal Frame and Fastrak Connection Design
- Export frame and connection drawings to CAD software via DXF
- Customise and export reports to Microsoft Word
- Export material lists including tonnage and surface area to Microsoft Excel
- Export beam and base reactions to Microsoft Excel
- Export bracing forces and shear wall forces to Microsoft Excel
- Include beam reactions on plan and section drawings
- Save all output documents in PDF format
- Export design to Fastrak Connection Design and Fastrak Portal Frame modules
- Export 3D models to BIM platforms such as Autodesk® Revit® and Tekla Structures
- Export via SDNF, STAAD and SAP formats