Computers and Structures, Inc. (CSI), a structural and earthquake engineering software company, has released 19.1.1version of SAP2000, is general-purpose civil-engineering software ideal for the analysis and design of any type of structural system.
SAP2000 is general-purpose civil-engineering software ideal for the analysis and design of any type of structural system. Basic and advanced systems, ranging from 2D to 3D, of simple geometry to complex, may be modeled, analyzed, designed, and optimized using a practical and intuitive object-based modeling environment that simplifies and streamlines the engineering process. The SAPFire ® Analysis Engine integral to SAP2000 drives a sophisticated finite-element analysis procedure. An additional suite of advanced analysis features are available to users engaging state-of-the-art practice with nonlinear and dynamic consideration. Created by engineers for effective engineering, SAP2000 is the ideal software tool for users of any experience level, designing any structural system.
Integrated modeling templates, code-based loading assignments, advanced analysis options, design-optimization procedures, and customizable output reports all coordinate across a powerful platform to make SAP2000 especially useful for practicing professionals.
SAP2000 is also an excellent medium for education. Open SAP2000 and follow the Watch & Learn video series to receive not only instruction on software use, but also insight into structural engineering philosophy and practice.
SAP2000 19.1.1 Enhancements:
Graphical User Interface
- DirectX graphics has been enhanced for quality and speed.
- On-screen measuring tools available for measuring length, area, and angles.
- Moment and shear releases can now be assigned to the edges of shell-type area objects.
- Time-dependent material behavior now available per Eurocode 2-2004, AS 3600-2009, NZS 3101-2006, JTG D62-2004 codes and the GL2000 model. This includes creep and shrinkage strain as well as age-dependent stiffness.
- Vietnamese concrete and rebar material libraries now available.
- Steel frame design per the API RP 2A-WSD 22nd Edition code has been implemented.
- Convergence behavior of the friction-pendulum and triple-pendulum isolator link elements has been enhanced.
Results Display & Output
- Velocity and acceleration response for time-history load cases can now be plotted.