The innovative and revolutionary new ETABS is the ultimate integrated software package for the structural analysis and design of buildings. Incorporating 40 years of continuous research and development, this latest ETABS offers unmatched 3D object based modeling and visualization tools, blazingly fast linear and nonlinear analytical power, sophisticated and comprehensive design capabilities for a wide-range of materials, and insightful graphic displays, reports, and schematic drawings that allow users to quickly and easily decipher and understand analysis and design results.
From the start of design conception through the production of schematic drawings, ETABS integrates every aspect of the engineering design process. Creation of models has never been easier - intuitive drawing commands allow for the rapid generation of floor and elevation framing. CAD drawings can be converted directly into ETABS models or used as templates onto which ETABS objects may be overlaid. The state-of-the-art SAPFire 64-bit solver allows extremely large and complex models to be rapidly analyzed, and supports nonlinear modeling techniques such as construction sequencing and time effects (e.g., creep and shrinkage). Design of steel and concrete frames (with automated optimization), composite beams, composite columns, steel joists, and concrete and masonry shear walls is included, as is the capacity check for steel connections and base plates. Models may be realistically rendered, and all results can be shown directly on the structure. Comprehensive and customizable reports are available for all analysis and design output, and schematic construction drawings of framing plans, schedules, details, and cross-sections may be generated for concrete and steel structures.
ETABS provides an unequaled suite of tools for structural engineers designing buildings, whether they are working on one-story industrial structures or the tallest commercial high-rises. Immensely capable, yet easy-to-use, has been the hallmark of ETABS since its introduction decades ago, and this latest release continues that tradition by providing engineers with the technologically-advanced, yet intuitive, software they require to be their most productive.
Performance Based Seismic Design Performance based design (PBD) updated to ASCE 41-13 Nonlinear static and nonlinear dynamic procedures Nonlinear hinges in frames and BRB Nonlinear hinges in shear walls Automated Buckling Restrained Brace (BRB) modeling (Star Seismic) Several new hysteresis options for nonlinear hinges Bilinear Maxwell oil damper property Friction-spring hysteretic damper property Fast Nonlinear Analysis (FNA) implemented for nonlinear hinges Quasi-static (Dynamic) option for Static Pushover analysis D/C ratio plots and tables for PBD Output averaging over several time history runs GUI Fast DirectX graphics with full display, drafting and selection capability Customization of toolbar and shortcut keys Analysis Modeling Spectral matching of time history functions Multiple mass sources for nonlinear analysis Mass source may include the effect of mass eccentricity in diaphragms Modification of geometry by mode shapes for imperfection analysis Automated Response Spectrum Functions Automated Response-Spectrum functions for Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Korea Frame Design Enhanced User’s Interface for composite beam design American ACI 318-14 design code for concrete frame design Canadian CSA A23.3-14 design code for concrete frame design Canadian CSA S16-14 design code for steel frame design Canadian CSA S16-14 design code for composite frame design Korean KBC 2009 design code for concrete frame design Korean KBC 2009 design code for steel frame design Wall Design American ACI 318-14 design code for shear wall design Canadian CSA A23.3-14 design code shear wall design Korean KBC 2009 design code shear wall design Open Application Programming Interface (OAPI) Additional API support for design data and results.
New Practical Automation of Performance-Based Design
- Performance based design (PBD) updated to ASCE 41-13
- Nonlinear static and nonlinear dynamic procedures
- Nonlinear hinges in frames, BRB's and shearwalls
- Automated BRB modeling (Star Seismic)
Shearwall Fiber Hinge
- Several new hysteresis options for nonlinear hinges
- Bilinear Maxwell oil damper property
- Friction-spring hysteretic damper property
- Fast Nonlinear Analysis (FNA) implemented for nonlinear hinges
Wall Reinforcement Definition
- Quasi-static (Dynamic) option for Static Pushover analysis
- D/C ratio plots and tables for PBD
- Output averaging over several time history runs
New Graphical User Interface
- Fast DirectX graphics with full display, drafting and selection capability.
- Customization of toolbar and shortcut keys.
New Advanced Modeling Options
- Spectral matching of time history functions
- Multiple mass sources for nonlinear analysis
- Modification of geometry by mode shapes for imperfection analysis
Artificial Earthquake Generation
Frequency Content Matching
Mulitple Mass Sources
New International Frame Design Codes
- Composite Beam Design - Enhanced User’s Interface
- Composite Frame Design - Canadian CSA S16-14
- Concrete Frame Design - ACI 318-14, CSA A23.3-14, and KBC 2009
- Steel Frame Design - CSA S16-14, and KBC 2009
Composite Beam Design
Composite Beam Design Checks
New International Shear Wall Design Codes
- Design Codes: ACI 318-14, CSA A23.3-14, and KBC 2009
New International Loading Specifications
- Automated response-spectrum functions for Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela
Enhanced Application Programming Interface (API)
- Additional API support for design data and results
|BECOME A MEMBER TO REQUEST AN EVALUATION VERSION|