The book is developed to provide significant information and guidelines to construction and project management professionals (owners, designers, consultants, construction managers, project managers, supervisors, contractors, builders, developers, and many others from the construction-related industry) involved in construction projects (mainly civil construction projects, commercial-A/E projects) and construction-related industries. It covers the importance of construction management principles, procedures, concepts, methods, and tools, and their applications to various activities/components/subsystems of different phases of the life cycle of a construction project. These applications will improve the construction process in order to conveniently manage the project and make the project most qualitative, competitive, and economical. It also discuss the interaction and/or combination among some of the activities/elements of management functions, management processes, and their effective implementation and applications that are essential throughout the life cycle of project to conveniently manage the project.
This handbook will:
- Focus on the construction management system to manage construction projects
- Include a number of figures and tables which will enhance reader comprehension
- Provide all related topics/areas of construction management
- Be of interest to all those involved in construction management and project management
- Provide information about Building Information Modeling (BIM), and ISO Certification in Construction Industry
- Offer a chapter on Lean construction
The construction project life cycle phases and its activities/elements/subsystems are comprehensively developed and take into consideration Henri Fayol's Management Function concept which was subsequently modified by Koontz and O'Donnel and Management Processes Knowledge Areas described in PMBOK® published by Project Management Institute (PMI).
The information available in the book will also prove valuable for academics/instructors to provide construction management/project management students with in-depth knowledge and guidelines followed in the construction projects and familiarize them with construction management practices.