I section ->only one section->checks fail/pass only
Auto selection list->multiple sections->checks fail/pass and assigns appropriate members
Creating auto Selection list
2. Before creating auto-selection list, we need to import the sections to be used in the list.
4. Select appropriate section (I/Wide Flange for this case)
6. Select required sections (all for this case) and click OK ->OK.
Click overwrite and click ISLB75->click OK to bring ISLB75 to top. This will make ISLB75 the first section to be checked.
10. Click Add copy of property to make copy of bottom cord
This makes it easier to make auto selection list for top cord.
11. For girder all heavy and wide beams
12. For diagonals all channel sections
13. Verticals ->channel sections
14. Top braces -> angles
Assigning sections to groups
1. Select->select->Select using groups
2. Click Bottom Cord
3. Assign -> Frame->Frame Sections
5. Similarly Assign appropriate sections to appropriate groups.
To make pin joints for making truss
1. Select the members for which to release moment (All except braces and girders)
It is possible to release these too.
2. Assign->frames->release partial fixity
4. To check whether releases have been assigned, Ctrl w, check releases.
Slab->Define->m25->self wt 0-> thickness-220mm
Loading on slab (equivalent dead load) =24.5*.22
Select the area->assign->area loads->distributed loads->area uniform to frame (use one way slab so moment is distributed to girders only)
Add live load to slab = 5Kn/m2
Temperature loading 40o C Select members-> assign ->frame loads->temperature
By element (joint pattern tower example)