The following truss is to be drawn
Efficient Modelling by drawing using various tools.
By drawing this truss we will learn how to select and deselect members efficiently.
Switch to xz plane
Making one member repeatedly in case there are many members.
Three types of replication
Linear, mirror, rotate
Faster to make basic block and replicate.
Ctrl a > Ctrl r(or edit-> replicate)
Last/first ratio=1 (because all memebers are equal)
To copy to parallel grid in y direction
Goto xy plane
BC(Bottom Cord) I-section (light or medium)
TC(Top Cord) I-section (light or medium)
Diagonals Channel Section
Verticals Channel Section
4. Check all->OK
5. Click Add to Group radio button->OK
6. To select again Select->Group->Verticals
3. Assign->Assign to group->(similar to above) Name Diagonals
To select top cord members:
1. Select -> select line parallel to-> click straight line object and click horizontal cord
2. Select->Deselect->Coordinate Specification->Specified Co-ordinate range->Z-coordinates at a single value (set to 0)->OK