The Bentley product team are pleased to announce the availability of OpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition 2018 R2 Update 4 (version 10.04.00.48). OpenRoads CONNECT Edition is the successor to Bentley’s industry-leading civil engineering brands InRoads, GEOPAK, MX, and PowerCivil.
What's new in OpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition 2018 R2 Update 4 (version 10.04.00.48):
- Update of Power Platform to Update 10 CONNECT Edition (V10.10.00.23). The corresponding MicroStation version is (V10.010.00.23).
- Includes Bentley LumenRT Designer CONNECT Edition Update 10.
- Includes Bentley Descartes CONNECT Edition Update 2 (V10.08.00.22).
- Update of gINT Civil Tools CONNECT Edition Update 1 (V10.01.01.06).
- Support for following ProjectWise Connect Edition (V10.00.03.49) & (V10.00.03.14X).
- Added utility to merge field books.
- Ability to create a linear chain by keying in a point list to create a survey chain (Example, AC100-AC109, AC100-AC101,AC104-AC106, etcetera.)
- Ability to display survey decorators into individual quadrants, mimicking behavior in (SELECTseries 4).
- Ability to place Survey Point as a cell on the level of element template called by the Feature Definition when the cell was defined with elements on "Default" level. This mimics MicroStation behavior and allows one cell definition to be used when survey points need to be on different levels.
- Added a Close RECT command.
- Sight Visibility tool is enhanced to use the alignment's speed table to calculate the instantaneous speed at a given station.
- Sight Visibility tool now allows analysis to be done via equations.
- Aquaplaning tool now previews flowlines and allows the acceptance of the results.
- Aquaplaning now allows the ability to select a manual trace slope graphic.
- All Geometry Points are given a name and now include a description field.
- Geometry elements snapped to geometry points now show the point name under element information.
- Horizontal and Vertical Table Editors have been move from Tech Preview to Commercial Release.
- Template components now support arcs and circular components.
- Target Aliasing that target Linear XY, Z, a XYZ target types now allows you to load all targets in the DGN without adding them as a Corridor Reference. The tool initially loads Corridor References by default.
- Improved performance on initializing corridor and linear template processing.
- Additional Volume Options: Unsuitable, Cut, Fill, and Substrata has been added.
- The Create Cut Fill Volumes tool now takes account of the volume option in the Feature Definition. This also allows the Cut and Fill tool to take account of Unsuitable Materials and automate the population of the Cut and Fill features definitions.
- Create Cut Fill Volumes has been enhanced to run off featurized meshes. This will allow creation of the cut and fill from the 3D model. It is no longer required to create a terrain model for the proposed rough grade.
- End Area Volume report based off the 3D model and cross section name boundary group can now be generated.
- Mass haul report can be generated using the MasshaulTOTIW.xml with End Area Volume report tool.
- Imported Superelevation Rate Tables can now be viewed and edited in the Create/Edit Superelevation Rule File tool.
- Added Display Template tool.
- Ability to Import Template from graphics that contain arcs.
Drawing Production and Annotation Enhancements
- Ability to place Coordinate Grids on Plan Drawing Models and Sheets.
- Profile Framed Annotations for Curvature now allows use of the amplitude of the curve based off a ration of the Row Height and the curve.
- Frame Annotation allows ticks instead of Vertical lines within a Frame Row.
- Ability to turn off station equation name from annotated alignment and labels.
- Ability to place labels view independent is added.
- Asset Manager (Tech Preview).
- Text Favorite Manager (Tech Preview).
- Export to MAXML (Tech Preview).
About OpenRoads Designer. OpenRoads Designer is a comprehensive, multi-discipline 3D modeling application to advance the delivery of roadway projects from conceptual design through construction. OpenRoads Designer blends traditional engineering workflows for plan, profile, and cross-sections with 3D parametric modeling to enable the model-centric creation of all design deliverables.
OpenRoads Designer supports all aspects of a detailed roadway design including survey, geotechnical, drainage, subsurface utilities, terrain, road, roadway furniture, and more. The incorporation of reality meshes, imagery, point cloud, and other geo-coordinated data sources can provide the continuous context of real-world conditions throughout the design and construction lifecycle.
OpenRoads Designer completes the convergence of InRoads, GEOPAK, MX, and PowerCivil, but adds many powerful new innovations, including:
- Progressive Conceptual Design. Users can directly progress conceptual designs created with OpenRoads ConceptStation, preserving all work and data. (OpenRoads ConceptStation enables rapid conceptual and preliminary design, leveraging existing context captured through reality meshes, point clouds, GIS, and other sources, and creating compelling presentations with engineering precision.)
- Contextual Design. All detailed design in OpenRoads Designer is driven by functional components, which inherently respond contextually to express appropriate design, annotation, and plan set display behaviors. Design models are expressed in multiple live views including plan, profile, cross section, and 3D; changes in one view are live and dynamically update all views.
- Multi-discipline Support. OpenRoads Designer integrates support for each discipline with specific user profiles dedicated to each discipline. Users can switch discipline perspectives, for instance from Road Design profile to Subsurface Utility profile.
- Reality Modeling Tools. OpenRoads Designer includes a fully-functioned toolset to incorporate and edit all reality modeling data types, including the capability to extract ground-level features from reality meshes and LiDAR, as well as to reference point clouds and imagery.
- Geotechnical Tools. Users can connect directly to gINT geotechnical databases to incorporate subsurface terrain details into their models for improving grading and piling. Subsurface terrains can be generated or modeled based on the bore hole materials and projected in road and drainage profiles, sections, and plans.
- Subsurface Utilities. Users can select from a large catalog of functional components for utility and drainage to model underground drainage and utility networks. Drainage models, moreover, can be optimized for water flow using integrated water analysis tools, with results available in data tables or visually in a profile view.
- Rich Deliverables. An expanded set of deliverables range from traditional plan sets and animations to digital construction models—for automated machine control and field positioning systems including for excavation, grading, piling, and paving.
- Live Plan Generation. Plan generation need no longer be a separate process limited to a point in time, as settings and annotations are dynamically updated and live in the model. Views are saved with specific display rules and sheet index embedded, making it easy to navigate between model and drawings. Up-to-date drawings can be generated automatically at any time, creating a natural and fluid design environment for both modeling and detailing.
- Enlivened Visualization. OpenRoads Designer provides direct integration to Bentley LumenRT for producing cinematic visualization, adding vegetation, reflecting nature and climate, and for traffic simulation with VISSIM.
Designs created in OpenRoads Designer benefit from BIM Review through OpenRoads Navigator, in the office, in the field, and at the site. OpenRoads Navigator enables not only visualization and review of 3D designs, but also status visibility—allowing dispersed teams to progress approvals and the resolution of issues.
About OpenRoads CONNECT Edition. OpenRoads CONNECT Edition, by integrating OpenRoads ConceptStation, OpenRoads Designer, and OpenRoads Navigator, ensures a comprehensive modeling environment for the delivery of roadway projects, streamlining and automating workflows across all disciplines to progress designs from conception to detailed design and through construction. OpenRoads’ immersive 3D modeling environment also leverages 3D reality meshes for continuously surveyed context of site conditions throughout design and construction.
Project delivery teams, owner-operators, and construction firms benefit from OpenRoads’ connected data environment—enabled through ProjectWise—to access, store, share, and manage all project data and models, from concept through construction, for information mobility across disciplines and in the field. OpenRoads takes advantage of a connected data environment’s Component Center to enable rapid and consistent modeling for every project, owner, or contractor.
|Software Title||OpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition 2018 R2 Update 4|
|Download Method||Direct Download|
|Download Links||BECOME A MEMBER VIEW DOWNLOAD LINKS|