This publication has been written to explain the functions that an administrator must understand in order to set up and manage a Primavera P6 EPPM database.
This publication may be used to run a training course and includes exercises at the end of each chapter for the students to complete. After the course, students may use this publication as a reference book. The book is aimed at assisting database administrators to understand how to configure and administer a P6 database after the software and databases have been installed.
The objectives of this book are to demonstrate:
1. The structure of a P6 database,
2. The P6 tools available to access, set up and administer a P6 Database,
3. The steps that should be considered when implementing a P6 database,
4. The P6 functions that an Administrator must understand in order to successfully administer a P6 EPPM database,
5. How to setup/configure a P6 Database using the Web interface, and
6. How to administer a P6 Database using the Web interface.
The book is aimed at:
1. People who wish learn the software but are unable to attend a training course and find the software reference manual hard going.
2. Project management companies who wish to run their own software training courses or provide their employees with an alternative text to the vendor supplied user manual.
3. Training organizations requiring a training manual to run their own training courses. This book is a PMI Approved course and instructors PowerPoint slide shows are available to training organizations. PMI REPs may apply to have this course licensed to them and award 14 PDUs to each attendee. .