Paradigm announces the release of its Paradigm 17 solution suite, running on an expanded high-definition platform. This release aims at ensuring that investments in data acquisition result in added value to drilling, completion and production. Paradigm 17 leverages the science of high definition, along with advanced technology and seamless integration, to improve asset team success.
Designed to deliver enhanced ease of use and workflow integration, Paradigm 17 enables users to:
- Work within a truly integrated ecosystem, for everything from well log analysis to seismic imaging, seismic interpretation, geologic interpretation and subsurface modeling
- Recover, process and visualize all available seismic data for better imaging and reservoir property recovery
- Better identify sweet spots through advanced seismic data and well log analysis
Paradigm 17 introduces application and infrastructure enhancements to its SeisEarth interpretation system, consolidating its core interpretation windows (3D Canvas, BaseMap and Section) into a single application. The result is improved cross-product integration, shorter work time and fewer button clicks. Waveform classification based on the well-established Stratimagic neural network approach has been integrated into SeisEarth, together with a new Machine Learning-based, rock-type classification plug-in for interpreters. The new rock-type classification uses seismic data and facies logs to predict facies volumes and their probability of occurrence, to improve reservoir characterization in conventional and unconventional plays. This release offers an enhanced multi-2D line framework for processing and imaging, that minimizes manual intervention and maximizes productivity. Full new 2D grid tomography and imaging workflows have also been added. 3D structural model-based tomography has been added to support geologically-constrained velocity models and strengthen integration between Paradigm GeoDepth and SKUA-GOCAD, to support the integration of geologic and geophysical models.
Other new processing and imaging features include a method for production-oriented estimation of effective Q from seismic data in the Echos seismic processing application. In EarthStudy 360, diffraction/specular imaging improvements, based on new post-processing of directional angle gathers, help minimize guesswork for interpreters.
The Paradigm 17 package includes Geolog 8, the latest version of the industry's leading formation evaluation suite. Geolog 8 offers innovative new petrophysics features, including Monte Carlo uncertainty analysis for the probabilistic petrophysical (Multimin) solution, and a new 3D petrophysics feature that enhances the analysis of high angle and horizontal wells. The release also includes a new processing method for slowness frequency analysis of full waveform sonic logs. Geolog 8 offers improved geomechanics, production logging and casing inspection functionality, along with new technologies for cement evaluation, pulsed neutron, and DTS/DAS handling. Direct access to Matlab code using Geolog Loglan enables research work and custom calculations to be easily delivered to end users.
Additional key enhancements in the Paradigm 17 release include:
- The Paradigm Quantitative Seismic Interpretation (QSI) solution now runs on both Windows and Linux. Improvements made to the crossplot utility and to 2D modeling enable more effective workflows and a better understanding of the seismic response.
- VoxelGeo now offers significantly higher performance with multi-volume GPU rendering, and a new volume fusion tool.
- Expansion of the reservoir geomechanics capabilities in SKUA-GOCAD, including new tools for building geomechanical mesh and directly exporting structured and unstructured grids to Dassault Systèmes Abaqus
This release expands connectivity between Paradigm and other G&G platforms, including Petrel (a mark of Schlumberger) seismic-to-simulation software, improves seismic data and ASCII import/export, and includes a new interface for batch loading data from OpenWorks and GeoFrame.
|BECOME A MEMBER TO REQUEST AN EVALUATION VERSION|