All managers, whether brand-new to their positions or well established in the corporate hierarchy, can use a little brushing-up now and then. The skills-based Briefcase Books Series is filled with ideas and strategies to help managers become more capable, efficient, effective, and valuable to their corporations.Project Management reviews the steps in organizing and managing projects, from how to build a realistic schedule to how to measure both success and failure. A concise and accessible, yet authoritative, guide to a topic in which books are more often lengthy and technical, Project Management discusses team building, timing, the planning process, estimating project costs, managing project interfaces, the four stages of risk management, and more.
Everything You Need to Help Your Company and Your Career as a Successful Project Manager
Effective project management is valuable in any field and will enhance your career at every level! Project Management provides a step-by-step, all-inclusive introduction to the tools and techniques necessary to spearhead your next project, and bring it home on time, on budget, and at performance levels that will add directly to your company's bottom line. Turn to this latest addition to McGraw-Hill's skills-based Briefcase Books series for hands-on methods you can use to:
- Stay on top of all aspects of your project: process, interpersonal, and organizational
- Forge a spirit of cooperation and achievement among diverse team members
- Deal effectively with all the contingencies, foreseen and unforeseen that always come up in any project
In today's environment of tight margins and tighter turnarounds, the effective project manager is often one of the most valuable and rewarded members of a workplace team. Let Project Management show you how to master every aspect of this important role, and give you the confidence you need to guide each project to its satisfying, successful completion.
Briefcase Books, written specifically for today's busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative design features to help you navigate through each page:
- Clear, concise definitions of important terms and concepts
- Tips and tactics for smarter project planning and execution
- Proven how-to hints for addressing specific situations
- Practical advice for minimizing your mistakes
- Warning signs and red flags you must constantly watch for
- Case studies of effective project managers in action
- Procedures and techniques for managing projects more effectively