Bentley Systems Inc., the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, has released the 11.00.00.01 version SACS CONNECT Edition is software for the analysis and design of new and existing fixed offshore oil and gas structures and wind farm structures.
SACS supports wave, wind, and earthquake dynamic response analysis; special high-end analysis for severe accidental loadings such as dynamic blast, ship impact, and structural collapse; and fatigue evaluations on jacket structures, foundations, and topside. It also provides designers and operators of wind farms with coupled analysis of the entire turbine structures via tight integration with GH Bladed software.
SACS 11.0 CONNECT Edition release includes major enhancements including
- SACS-FAST Integrated Analysis - The SACS-FAST integrated analysis couples the SACS Wave Response module with the FAST wind turbine analysis program generating a fully integrated response from the wind, wave and current loading on the structure.
- The seastate program has been enhanced to apply wind loads on volumes rather than areas. With this feature, wind loading can be done on single, three and four sided walls following the API 4F (4 th edition Jan 2013) specification automatically
- SACS-AutoPIPE interop workflow - Added ability to import piping geometry, support information, and support reactions from AutoPIPE. Also added the ability visually connect the piping supports to the structure in Precede and export these connections and the SACS model to AutoPIPE via pipelink where a combined structure/piping analysis can be performed.
- Integration of the Collapse view postprocessor functionality into Precede
- Integration of the Interactive Fatigue postprocessor functionality into Precede
- Decommissioning tools added to Precede.
- New precede interface for creating a 3D mesh of a joint connection was added. Users can now graphically create ring plates, stiffener plates, gusset plates, or any other type of plate surface to be included when meshing a joint connection