SAFE is the ultimate tool for designing concrete floor and foundation systems. From framing layout all the way through to detail drawing production, SAFE integrates every aspect of the engineering design process in one easy and intuitive environment. SAFE provides unmatched benefits to the engineer with its truly unique combination of power, comprehensive capabilities, and ease-of-use.Laying out models is quick and efficient with the sophisticated drawing tools, or use one of the import options to bring in data from CAD, spreadsheet, or database programs. Slabs or foundations can be of any shape, and can include edges shaped with circular and spline curves.Post-tensioning may be included in both slabs and beams to balance a percentage of the self-weight. Suspended slabs can include flat, two-way, waffle, and ribbed framing systems. Models can have columns, braces, walls, and ramps connected from the floors above and below. Walls can be modeled as either straight or curved.Mats and foundations can include nonlinear uplift from the soil springs, and a nonlinear cracked analysis is available for slabs. Generating pattern surface loads is easily done by SAFE with an automated option. Design strips can be generated by SAFE or drawn in a completely arbitrary manner by the user, with complete control provided for locating and sizing the calculated reinforcement. Finite element design without strips is also available and useful for slabs with complex geometries.Comprehensive and customizable reports are available for all analysis and design results. Detailed plans, sections, elevations, schedules, and tables may be generated, viewed, and printed from within SAFE or exported to CAD packages.SAFE provides an immensely capable yet easy-to-use program for structural designers, provideing the only tool necessary for the modeling, analysis, design, and detailing of concrete slab systems and foundations.
Significant enhancements included in SAFE 2014 (v14.0.0)
- Reinforced and Prestressed concrete design have been added for the ACI 318-11 code.
- Reinforced and Prestressed concrete design have been added for the Italian NTC 2008 code.
- Reinforced and Prestressed concrete design has been added for the Turkish TS 500-2000 and TS 3233-1979 codes.
- Reinforced and Prestressed concrete design have been added for the Hong Kong CP 2013 code.
- The specified concrete strength as used for Chinese materials and design codes has been comprehensively changed for SAFE 2014 to refer to the characteristic strength, whereas in SAFE v12 the concrete strength referred to the grade.
- Design-strip widths can now be imported from DXF/DWG files.
- The import and export of AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 *.DWG files is now supported.
- Import from and export to Revit Structure 2014 is now available using CSiXRevit 2014. Models can be created in SAFE or Revit Structure, and incremental import and export are supported.
- Licensing has been upgraded to provide support for virtual servers and to allow more flexibility for using commuter licenses.