SPW911 is design and analysis software for modelling the shoring of excavations in stratified soil using sheet pile walls. Calculation methods are based on the British Steel Piling Handbook and the US Steel Sheet Piling Design Manual
• User-editable customer, soil and sheet pile databases.
• Multi-layered excavations.
• User-selectable pressure models (Rankine, Coulomb, Terzaghi).
• Calculates the minimum sheet pile penetration required for cantilever, free earth support and fixed earth support. Also calculates the embedment required for a specified factor of safety, and models "no toe" designs.
• Factor of safety calculation using Net Pressure.
• Models sloping ground on the active and passive side of an excavation.
• Raked struts and/or soil anchors available.
• Calculates strut or anchor loads, and provides graphical or tabular output of pressure, bending moment, shear force and deflection.
• Reports on design safety. Unique Rules Of Thumb feature ensures safe designs.
• Rowe's moment reduction option.
• Point-and-click editing of designs and user-friendly data entry. Excavation depth, soil layers, sheet pile, frame positions, etc are defined by double-clicking the item and changing the relevant parameters.
• Comprehensive Help file includes tutorial and calculation methods.
• Can be customised with your logo and contact details.
• Metric or imperial units can be selected at any time. Users can work in metric and produce imperial output, or vice-versa.
• Windows 95 or later.
• Various displays include: